This is REALLY quick and easy...and so yummy. Kind of like bananas foster but so much easier. I serve it with yogurt but of course ice cream is good too. The bananas, lime, cinnamon and nutmeg are all packed with vitamins and nutrients. High quality, grass-fed butter and yogurt are healthy fats for brain and cell function. The sprinkle of brown sugar? Hey, gotta have some fun!
How many bananas you use depends on the number of people. Let's just say two servings for our purposes.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2 slightly underripe bananas (overripe bananas are best used for banana bread)
the juice of one lime
a sprinkle of rum (optional)
1. Halve the bananas lengthwise and place in a lightly buttered baking dish.
2. Drizzle bananas with lime juice, and rum if using
3. Sprinkle ground cinnamon, about a 1/2 teaspoon or less, sprinkle a very small amount of nutmeg, about 1/8 teaspoon
4. Dust with a sprinkling of brown sugar.
5. Optional but tasty - dot the bananas with a small amount of butter
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes in a 400 degree oven
7. Place baked bananas in individual bowls and serve with yogurt or ice cream. There will be some yummy liquid in the bottom of the dish from the lime, rum and butter. This makes a great sauce over the yogurt and bananas.